Rubrik is seeking a highly effective and motivated Director of Accounting with passion and a proven track record for success in accounting processes, systems architecture, innovation through technology, operational transformation and accounting excellence. We are seeking a leader who delivers results and who will be a key driver in helping us scale our accounting department. This role requires strong business acumen, and the ability to apply that business knowledge and know-how into the systems, process or reporting solutions that are proposed and delivered. In this role, expectations are high with regards to possessing outstanding communication, collaboration and influencing skills. This role will focus on optimizing our accounting and will require collaboration with cross-functional teams to lead to optimal solutions. Reporting to the Sr Director of Accounting & Tax, you will lead the Corporate Accounting team and have responsibility for a diverse range of accounting, finance, and compliance duties.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead an accounting team to execute all accounting processes and activities across the organization to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP accounting, internal policies and external audits
- Lead the team in day-to-day accounting and month-end close activities including global consolidation of financial statements
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financials with flux analysis
- Oversee global payroll operations and accounting
- Ensure compliance for annual GAAP audit
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to support their quarterly review and annual audit procedures.
- Partner with FP&A, Technical Accounting, Finance Systems and other cross-functional teams to develop, support, and improve the systems, policies, and procedures necessary to drive efficiency and provide meaningful financial data.
- Maintain a strong internal control environment, updating the design and scope of controls as the business evolves to maintain the integrity of financial reporting.
- Identify, design and implement improvements with respect to business processes and financial reporting
- Provide leadership required to grow and strengthen the Accounting team, with a commitment to recruiting, training and mentoring
- Possess a deep understanding of ERP systems including sub-modules, including the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational innovation and regularly interact with business owners and senior level management on accounting matters
- Manage integration of acquired businesses into our financial systems and processes
- Develop and mentor accounting staff to build their professional career and maximize potential
Experience you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related field required
- 10 years accounting and finance experience including Big 4 firm, and preferably a minimum of 4 years recent experience in a large public company with a minimum 3 years recent experience in a leadership position, managing people
- CPA is required
- Solid technical knowledge of GAAP / SEC accounting and reporting requirements
- Proven experience in optimizing Accounting & Finance processes, as well as experience with scaling and automation of processes
- Prior experience with SOX controls, documentation & processes
- Merger and acquisition integration experience is a plus
- Exceptional people manager skills, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to getting the job done
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic accounting department, successfully juggling multiple projects and deliverables
- Strong managerial, planning, organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, analytical, and lateral thinking skills
- Netsuite experience is preferred
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job