Rubrik is seeking creative problem solvers with a passion for cyber security. In this role you will partner with all parts of the business to build security solutions that help secure the brand and protect the organization, company and customer environments. You will be responsible for executing security engineering programs and managing security technologies across the board. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who can build innovative ways to deliver frictionless security capabilities to enhance the security posture of the organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Architect, deploy and manage core security vendor solutions and technologies stack, in-house security tools, severs and infrastructures in cloud and data center environments
- Manage a scalable and highly available solution for security logging program and driving the efforts of logging onboarding for security visibility
- Leverage automation to solve complex infrastructure deployment and management tasks
- Coordinate with cross functional teams in Rubrik such as IT, TechOps and Engineering and build strong partnerships
- Collaborate with internal customers to establish strong requirements, prioritize work based on outcomes that drive risk reduction and operational effectiveness and develop project plans to deploy and manage security solutions
- Support in-house development efforts for building and testing the integrations with security solutions and cloud infrastructure
- Work with security operation team to transfer knowledge and operational process to publish services for run-the-business consumption of developed solutions
- Participate in working groups to problem solve and identify methods to improve or enhance existing tools, products and services
- Assist with security incidents, investigations, root-cause analysis and drive down detection and containment times in partnership with the Security Operations
Experience you'll need:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience/training, Master’s Degree in Computer Science a plus
- 3+ years experience in security engineering experience across the stack (on-prem and cloud infrastructure, networking, security solutions and technologies)
- Strong understanding of logging and data management best practices and strong experience in technologies such as Devo, Splunk, logz.io, ELK, syslog-ng, Kafka, Spark, Pub/Sub, EventHubs, Azure Sentinel, etc.
- Strong experience in scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, or Shell script
- Experience in AWS, GCP and Azure with knowledge in automating the provisioning of Cloud environments using frameworks such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Powershell, etc.
- Working experience with cloud networking and hybrid connectivity, firewalls, IDS/IPS, TCP/IP protocols, and general network architecture
- Experience in building or managing security solutions for SIEM, cloud security, EDR, Email security, SOAR, vulnerability management, DLP, network security, etc.
- Team player, ability to establish priorities, deal with conflicts, work independently, proceed with objectives and can-do attitude
- CISSP/CISM, SANS, CNSE (Palo Alto Networks), CCNP, CCIE, or other Networking and Security certifications a plus
- Splunk certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline, containerization (Kubernetes, Docker, etc) and microservices a plus
- Security engineering experience across the stack (Network, Application, Physical layers) a plus
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job