Under the Hood - How Rubrik Mosaic Works
Rubrik Mosaic is a new type of data protection software, built specifically for the world of cloud-native applications and distributed systems. Its Consistent Orchestrated Distributed Recovery (CODR) engine enables application-consistent backups, recovery across topologies and clouds, and data deduplication that can reduce the storage footprint.
CODR, the Consistent Orchestrated Distributed Recovery Engine, is the innovation inside Rubrik Mosaic. CODR works behind the scenes to achieve two key goals: application-consistent data protection and industry-first NoSQL deduplication.
- CODR coordinates how Rubrik Mosaic handles backup and recovery of eventually-consistent, distributed databases.
- This includes ultralight NoSQL Application Listeners, a distributed policy engine, a distributed metadata store and a storage federation layer.
- CODR can run anywhere – in the public cloud or in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Under most configurations, NoSQL databases share multiple copies of the same data across many nodes.
- For a sample Cassandra cluster with replication factor set to three, each row is stored on three nodes.
- CODR deduplicates these key-value pairings, ensuing that you have a single, golden, application-consistent copy of your data – reducing storage footprint by up to 80%.