Palo Alto, CA – August 16, 2016 – Rubrik, the leader in converged data management, today announced the release of Rubrik Firefly delivering the world’s first Cloud Data Management platform. With a growing number of organizations pursuing public cloud to reduce cost and time-to-market while retaining business agility, Rubrik Cloud Data Management enables enterprises to leverage public cloud services to deliver data protection, search and analytics, archiving and compliance, and copy data management capabilities across all their workloads.
- Rubrik Cloud Data Management pioneers a complete platform to deliver data protection, search and analytics, archiving and compliance, and copy data management capabilities for hybrid cloud enterprises.
- Rubrik Firefly release embraces physical workloads (Microsoft SQL, Physical Linux), extends to edge environments (remote and branch offices), and spans across clouds (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure).
“The Firefly release demonstrates the breadth and depth of our vision to deliver complete data management, across platforms and application types. Rubrik allows enterprises to manage all their data with groundbreaking simplicity and velocity while blending in public cloud to drive business innovation,” says co-founder and CTO Arvind Nithrakashyap.
Data Management for the Cloud Generation
Over the past year, Rubrik has delivered record business growth due to overwhelming customer demand across enterprises of all sizes and verticals, including Fortune 500 companies. Organizations are shedding complex, legacy multi-tiered solutions for simplified data management purpose-built for cloud to recover, manage, and secure data across private, public, and hybrid clouds. Rubrik delivers mission critical data management functions in a single software fabric spanning clouds—from backup and recovery, disaster recovery, archiving and compliance, search and analytics, to copy data management.
- Instant Access – Rubrik delivers instant application recovery and predictive global search by unifying data locked within disparate application silos into one globally indexed namespace while leveraging zero-data cloning technology to enable on-demand copy data workflows.
- Automated Orchestration – Rubrik nearly eliminates daily operational management by enabling a single policy engine to orchestrate service level agreements across the entire data lifecycle. The Rubrik programmatic interface automates how data services are created, consumed, and retired across clouds.
- Security and Compliance – Rubrik secures data whether in-flight or at-rest throughout its lifecycle, regardless of location. The Rubrik platform delivers granular user provisioning and data permissions across all cloud data management workflows while providing automated compliance reporting to successfully complete various industry and internal audits.
Data Management that Embraces Physical and Edge Workloads
Rubrik’s Firefly release, debuted to an oversubscribed Early Access Program, extends data management to:
- Physical Microsoft SQL Servers – Rubrik radically simplifies Microsoft SQL server protection with a single service level agreement policy engine to automate SQL server data management, and deliver application consistent, incremental forever, and point-in-time recovery (PITR) with intelligent log management.
- Physical Linux Servers – The Rubrik platform enables easy protection for physical Linux servers by enabling policy driven, incremental forever data management while providing global predictive search for instant access to file versions across clouds.
- Remote and Branch Offices – Rubrik extends data management to all business locations with Rubrik Edge. Delivered as a software appliance, Rubrik Edge retains the hallmark Rubrik simplicity while providing complete data protection to remote and branch offices.
[VIDEO] Vinod Khosla, Mark Leslie, and John Thompson discuss the necessity of cloud data management.
[VIDEO] Investors Vinod Khosla, Asheem Chandna, and Ravi Mhatre discuss the velocity of Rubrik’s growth.
[VIDEO] This is Cloud Data Management. Get to know Rubrik in 3 minutes.
Rubrik has become our de facto platform to deliver automated backup, instant recovery, and site-to-site replication for our mission critical workloads. We see Rubrik as a modern data management platform that will help us enable cloud and accelerate application test and development in the future.
Steve Bunch, Server and Storage Manager, Wabash National
Rubrik has become our trusted data management platform for our mission-critical workloads. We have achieved tremendous hard and operational savings by trading in legacy solutions for a policy-driven approach to easily managing data everywhere – on-premises, at the edge, and in the public cloud.
Dale Foster, Executive Director and General Manager, Promark Technology
Rubrik pioneers a new approach to data management—from backup and DR to search and analytics—while delivering game-changing ROI and management simplicity. With Rubrik, our customers can quickly achieve a hybrid cloud model by utilizing public cloud in an efficient, intelligent manner. We are thrilled to partner with Rubrik. The velocity of how Rubrik has penetrated the market is unlike anything we’ve seen before.
Rubrik Technology Alliance Ecosystem
Matt Kixmoeller, VP of Products, Pure Storage
Pure Storage and Rubrik have teamed to make the all-flash data center simple to deploy and protect. With the launch of Firefly, we together deliver a true hybrid cloud experience, enabling customers to protect their on-prem all-flash infrastructure seamlessly with cloud-based data protection and recovery. Both Pure and Rubrik believe in a next-generation IT stack that delivers the best performance for mission-critical applications, while leveraging the cloud for simplified management and protection.
Deni Connor, Founding Analyst, SSG-NOW
Rubrik establishes a new standard for how hybrid cloud enterprises efficiently deliver data protection, search, analytics, compliance, and copy data management across different locations. The Rubrik Firefly release extends the same hallmark simplicity Rubrik is known for to physical workloads and edge environments. The market traction made by Rubrik in such a short time is reminiscent of how VMware virtualization transformed IT in the early 2000s.
Phil Goodwin, Research Director, Protection, Availability and Recovery, IDC
Organizations need a way to manage data in a hybrid cloud environment. Rubrik’s Cloud Data Management platform aims to offer these capabilities across data protection, search, analytics, and copy data management to help maximize savings and agility.
Rubrik has developed the world’s first Cloud Data Management platform for data protection, search, analytics, archival and copy data management for hybrid cloud enterprises. Fortune 500 companies use Rubrik to manage data at scale while realizing data-driven services anytime, anywhere. Rubrik has been named to Gartner’s Cool Vendors in Storage Technologies, 2016. For more information, visit http://www.rubrik.com and follow @rubrikInc on Twitter.