If you are located in the European Economic Area, please also see the Supplemental European Privacy Statement below.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect various types of personal information to provide you with the Online Services, as follows:
- Contact and Request Information: We collect personal information that allows us to be in contact with you (such as name, email address, phone number and address) and other personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us with a question, comment or request in relation to our products and services.
- Account Information: If you create an account on one of our Online Services, we collect your first name, last name, company, address, telephone number, email address, user identifier and password. We also collect information about your usage of our Online Services in association with your account, namely, your account preferences, which features of the Online Services you use and for how long, and any requests or orders made via your account.
- Mobile Information: When you use our mobile applications, we collect your device’s unique identifier and other technical information about your device and mobile application usage, namely, your device type, browser type, and your interactions on our mobile application.
- Public Information about You: If you have identified yourself to us as a user of our Online Services and expressed interest in our products or services, we may collect personal information about you from publicly available sources, namely, your company, contact information, preferences and demographic information. These publicly available sources include public profiles on company websites and professional networking.
We may also provide public bulletin boards or forums on our Online Services. Please note that any personal information you post via these bulletin boards or forums may be accessible to the public.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to provide and optimize our products and services. In particular, we use:
- Contact and Request Information to respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide you with any product documentation or whitepapers you request. As permitted by applicable law, including with your consent where required, we may use your contact information to provide you with marketing communications, promotional offers and updates on new services and benefits.
- Account Information to manage your account, communicate with you in relation to your account, personalize our Online Services for you, provide you with customer service, product updates and warranty information, and monitor the performance of our Online Services.
- Website Information and Mobile Information to monitor the performance of our websites and mobile applications, analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our websites and mobile applications, and ensure their technological compatibility with users. We also use website information for re-targeting and advertising purposes where permitted by applicable law.
- Public Information about you in connection with other personal information we may have about you to personalize our Online Services for you and identify products and services that we believe may be of interest to you or your business.
We also use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations and to protect our legal interests, such as in the event of a complaint or dispute.
What Personal Information Do We Disclose?
Rubrik will not disclose your personal data to third parties, except in the following circumstances and in accordance with applicable laws:
- With your consent.
- To Rubrik’s service providers, who act on Rubrik’s behalf and instructions to fulfill product orders, deliver services, provide IT support and security services, and fulfill the other purposes set forth above.
- To other Rubrik-owned business entities for the purposes of coordinating our global enterprise’s provision and development of products and services.
- As required by applicable law, including, without limitation, in response to any government or regulatory agency request, to cooperate with law enforcement investigations, or upon receipt of any court order.
- To a prospective or actual purchaser or seller in the context of a merger, acquisition or other reorganization or sale of Rubrik’s business or assets. Rubrik’s practice is to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. Rubrik will attempt to notify you by email and/or a prominent notice on the Rubrik website of any change in ownership and the choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- To courts and public authorities to protect you, Rubrik or third parties from harm, including fraud or instances where somebody’s physical safety is at risk.
Service providers acting on Rubrik’s behalf shall be obliged to adhere to confidentiality requirements no less protective than those set forth herein and will only receive access to your personal data as necessary to perform their functions.
We also perform statistical analyses of the users of our Online Services to improve the content, design and navigation of the Online Services and our other products and services. In these cases, we use aggregate or statistical data that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Persons under the Age of 18
We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a minor under 18 years old, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Rubrik and our partners (e.g., marketing partners, analytics, advertising, or service providers) use various tracking technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts to analyze trends on our Online Services, administer our Online Services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis. For more information, please see our Cookies Policy here. Our website currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals from browsers.
We rely on a third party services provider to either display advertising on our websites or to manage our advertising on other sites. This services provider may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on our websites and other sites in order to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here).
Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Protection of Personal Information
Rubrik takes reasonable and appropriate precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up-to-date by contacting us using the information below. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Rubrik is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We will respond to your request within 30 days or sooner where required by law. As permitted by applicable law, we may decline to process requests where the data is required to be retained by law, required for legitimate business purposes, or jeopardizes the privacy of others.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Rubrik employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
We value your opinions. If you have any general questions or comments for Rubrik, please contact us at:
1001 Page Mill Road, Building 2
Palo Alto, California 94304
Or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPPLEMENTAL EUROPEAN PRIVACY STATEMENT
Cookies. With respect to web cookies and similar technologies that are not strictly necessary for our provision of the Online Services, Rubrik seeks consent from users of the Service in the EEA based on a separate Cookies Policy.
Rubrik also relies on your consent with respect to cookies that are not strict necessary and direct marketing emails per Article 6(1)(a) of the EU GDPR; and pursues legitimate interests under Article 6(1)(f) of the EU GDPR with respect to situations where Rubrik needs to process your personal data to comply with applicable laws (as a U.S.-based company, Rubrik, Inc. is subject to U.S. laws and must comply with them), provide good customer service, or improve our products and services. In these cases, we will ensure that your privacy and other fundamental interests do not override our legitimate interests.
Personal Data Transfers outside of the EEA. Rubrik transmits some of your personal data to the following countries where the data protection laws may not provide a level of protection equivalent to the laws in your jurisdiction, including: the U.S. and India. As required by applicable law, Rubrik will provide an adequate level of protection for your personal data using various means, including, where appropriate:
- relying on a formal decision by the European Commission that a certain country ensures an adequate level of protection for personal data (a full list of such decisions may be accessed online here), pursuant to Article 45 of the EU GDPR;
- entering into appropriate data transfer agreements based on language approved by the European Commission pursuant to Article 46(5) of the EU GDPR, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses (2010/87/EC and/or 2004/915/EC), which are available upon request at email@example.com;
- implementing appropriate physical, technical and organizational security measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing; and
- taking other measures to provide an adequate level of data protection in accordance with applicable law.
Any onward transfer is subject to appropriate onward transfer requirements as required by applicable law.
Data Retention. Rubrik keeps personal data as long as required to provide our Online Services to you and comply with applicable laws. For example, if you register for an account on the Online Services, we retain your personal data for as long as you have an account with us and then for only as long as required for us to comply with applicable laws, discharge our contractual obligations to you, or defend our legal interests in connection with any claim or defence we could face before any formal dispute resolution body. We take reasonable measures to ensure that personal data is deleted, erased or anonymized as soon as possible once the purposes for which personal data was collected have been fulfilled.
Data Subject Rights. You have a right to request from Rubrik access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data. You also have the right to request the restriction of processing concerning you, in which case such personal data would be marked and processed by us only for certain purposes. In addition, you have the right to data portability, which allows you to receive from us personal data about you which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit such personal data to another entity without hindrance from us.
You also have the right to object to various data processing activities, including processing activities that are based exclusively on your consent or processing for the purposes of direct marketing. You can exercise such rights by accessing the information in your account and/or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these rights may be subject to limitations and conditions under the EU GDPR or applicable national data protection laws.
If you have provided consent for cookies that are not strictly necessary or other data processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Your Choices. You are not required to provide any personal data to Rubrik, but if you do not provide any personal data to Rubrik, you may not be able to use our Online Services or conduct business with us effectively. You can use our Online Services without consenting to cookies that are not strictly necessary; the only consequence is that our Online Services will be less tailored to you.
Profiling. Rubrik does not use in connection with our Online Services automated decision-making in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or which significantly affects you.