Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Information Security - Who We Are
The Information Security (InfoSec) organization advances the overall state of security at Rubrik through critical initiatives and coordination of large security projects. Information Security builds technologies, tools, and processes to better enable teams at Rubrik to develop secure software and protect data and systems with appropriate security controls. Information Security also develops systems to monitor and respond to attacks against our systems, provides awareness education to teams on security best practices for data protection, and ensures data sharing relationships with third parties in order to securely protect Rubrik information.
What You’ll Do:
Rubrik is seeking a Senior Security Operations Engineer who will be responsible for protecting Rubrik’s brand, customers and shareholders from known and emerging threats. The successful candidate will be technically savvy, results-driven and passionate about security.
- Monitor, triage, investigate and respond to security threats through detailed security event analysis, validation and correlation
- Hunt for known and unknown threats using threat intelligence data and correlate log events from various sources to identify anomalous or potentially malicious activities
- Lead security and threat response investigations in complex cases involving log analysis and forensics
- Develop monitoring use cases and support in building effective threat detection and response programs
- Review cyber intelligence and threat data from internal and external sources and support in developing new capabilities to analyze and respond to security events and incidents
- Develop tools, techniques and operational processes to continuously monitor AWS, GCP and Azure environments and assist in enhancing cloud security posture
- Analyze data from Security Analytics, EDR and DLP platforms and investigate and respond to advanced and emerging threats
- Participate in on-call rotation in monitoring and responding to security threats
- 5+ years’ experience in security operations, incident response, threat hunting, security engineering, forensics, troubleshooting, network security
- BE/BTech or MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
- Prior experience in protecting AWS, GCP and Azure cloud environments
- Strong understanding of the cyber security threat landscape and knowledge about the most prevalent vulnerabilities, threats and attack taxonomy
- Experience in Python or Ruby
- PCAP and NetFlow analysis experience
- Experience in virtual machine forensics in cloud environments is desirable
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring policies in firewalls, DLP, EDR, Cloud Security monitoring, IDS/IPS and SIEM platforms
- One or more of the following certifications is preferred: GCIA, GCIH, GMON, GREM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job