About Team & About Role:
As an engineer on the Polaris Platform team, you’ll own the fundamental infrastructure components that all other polaris product teams at Rubrik build upon, including our microservices architecture, Kubernetes deployment system, distributed job workflow engine, and horizontally scalable MySQL based datastore. This is an exciting time to join as we are constantly improving and innovating on each of our core layers - Kubernetes services, distributed job framework and MySQL.
Some challenges include:
- Scalability: As a high-growth company, we have seen a huge growth year over year. This is accompanied by the number of Rubrik engineers who we support. As a result, our team is constantly re-imagining and engineering our platform infrastructure to support this growth.
- Stability: Stability around the clock is our top-most concern. We think about reliability at every layer of the stack, from individual infrastructure systems to the reliability of services owned by product teams at Rubrik.
Polaris is the SaaS control plane for Rubrik. Our mission is to build a highly scalable and reliable cloud data management platform for the largest enterprises in the world.
The Polaris Platform team (a.k.a. Infrastructure team) at Rubrik provides the core platforms and systems that enable product engineers to efficiently build and operate scalable and reliable applications in the cloud.
What You'll Do:
Rubrik Software Engineers are self-starters, driven, and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you - Come make history!
- Build our platforms, systems and infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems and large scale storage systems.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards
- Identify and solve for bottlenecks within our software stack.
Experience You'll Need:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of relevant work experience with a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience in software development in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Java, C/C++, Python, Scala or Go
- Experience architecting and developing large scale systems in one or more of the following areas: distributed systems, networking, file systems, storage systems, and/or database systems
- Intimate knowledge of Docker, Containers, Kubernetes, Go, microservice architectures is a plus
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job