Global Technical Instructor / Content Developer, Rubrik University, a Rubrik Support team
Location: Bangalore, India
In this role, you are a Global Technical Instructor / Content Developer responsible for developing, enhancing, and delivering Rubrik University technical training / learning opportunities worldwide (live, on site, virtually, etc.). You will stay current with advancing Rubrik technologies as you continually study it, create, and deliver this technical content / training to customers, employees, and partners.
You will exhibit broad technical skill and deep CDM expertise.
- Polaris and SaaS are top company focus, so the demand for content and training delivery will grow quickly to large proportions.
- Team members with knowledge and / or a desire to master Rubrik SaaS products (Polaris - Radar, Sonar, etc.) will be helpful.
- Rubrik products have many public cloud touch points (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Rubrik protects cloud workloads, forms cloud clusters, and offers cloud-hosted SaaS offerings.
- A team member with a background in any of the public cloud technologies will be helpful.
- A history and / or willingness to become skilled with building and supporting Rubrik Cloud Fabric (RCF) hands-on-labs is helpful.
You will consistently demonstrate a passion for creating and leading technical learning events, helping others to grow, including Rubrik Support Engineers, customer end users, and partners.
You will be a patient, excellent listener, and great communicator.
This is a highly-visible role, a “Rubrik face to customers” as part of the complete “customer enablement cycle,” and a role-model to Rubrik Support team members worldwide.
You must love to present technical information to others, and also love sharing what you have learned with others.
Being on the Rubrik University team, your entire focus will be on our customers, Rubrik CSEs, end users, and Partners. We, this team, are also each other's customers.
We are one team with one mission.
Working closely with the Director of Training, the Rubrik U team, Support management, and many others (SMES, etc.) you will be expected to drive performance improvement within people, processes, and technologies, via learning, to increase successful customer issue resolution by the Support team and Support Partners, and enhance overall Rubrik technology expertise throughout the customer base worldwide.
In the classes that you develop and teach, you will validate the accuracy of learning materials, set appropriate expectations before and during the class, and ensure learner satisfaction and development within the scope and depth of what is covered. Further to this, a core part of your role will be to co-develop, evaluate, and suggest improvements to content created by your fellow instructor / content Developers, and SMEs.
You will work toward continually improving the scale, depth, and quality of the Rubrik University training experience, curricula, and participate in our commitment to continuous improvement in all that we do.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rubrik Technical Training Delivery: Lead / deliver onsite, virtual classroom, and “other” sessions of Rubrik training courses for CSEs, customers and partners.
- Technical Content Development / Project Management: The constant background effort for each person in this role is the development of highly-accurate and learner-focused technical training content. You will work very closely with your peers and other SMEs on shared and individual training content development projects, as well as participate in eLearning development efforts (content creation, voice over, etc.).
- Training Operations: Additionally, you will work very closely with Rubrik U Operations / Administration to ensure high quality in all endeavors.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Deep CDM expertise
- A developing expertise in Polaris, Radar, and Sonar, and Cloud touchpoints is helpful
- Prior experience delivering technical training helpful
- Prior experience authoring technical content (customer presos, documentation, product guides, etc..
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Strong PowerPoint skills helpful
- Experience as a Support Engineer, SE, pr PS engineer or proven technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects within tight timeframes
- Ability to work effectively on global and virtual teams and accommodate time differences
- Work in a fast-paced, rewarding environment with tight deadlines and minimal supervision that demands high quality, creativity and consistency
- BS in Engineering or CS (or equivalent technical degree and 5+ years work experience)
- Travel up to 50% of the time (post-Covid)
- Ability to pass the Rubrik Certified Systems Administrator Certification Exam
- Be able to be comfortable in front of class
- Computer Networking and the stack of that which Rubrik supports
- Knowledge of Rubrik competitors
Competencies / Skills / Attributes
- Enjoy helping others succeed
- Ability to learn
- Presentation ability including controlling a room
- Good at research and documentation
- Problem solving
- Ability to multitask
- Leadership skills
- Organization skills (knowing where to place things in our courses (content logical flow)
- Focus on customers
- Have the ability to learn quickly
- Basic understanding of the Rubrik sales cycle
- Experience doing streaming (personality through a broadcast mechanism)
- Basic Rubrik CDM & good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to excel under pressure, demonstrates a team focus, flexibility as to time of day training is delivered, some overnight work included, already teaching others, desire to travel
CDM, PPT, JIra, Confluence, Support Portal, User Manual from Support Portal, GIMP for developing graphic imagery, Zoom, Webex, etc., Visual studio, GitHub, VMWare, RDP, etc..
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job