Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company five years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Information Security - Who We Are
The Information Security organization advances the overall state of security at Rubrik through critical initiatives and coordination of large security projects. Information Security builds technologies, tools, and processes to better enable teams at Rubrik to develop secure software and protect data and systems with appropriate security controls. Information Security also develops systems to monitor and respond to attacks against our systems, provides awareness education to teams on security best practices for data protection, and ensures data sharing relationships with third parties in order to securely protect Rubrik information.
What You’ll Do:
Rubrik is seeking a Senior Information Security Analyst to be a part of our Information Security team that leads our Customer Trust, Supplier Security and Security Governance functions. As a member of our Information Security team, you will be a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for the execution and continuous maturity of these service areas. The successful candidate will need to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships across the company. To achieve this you must have excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills.
You will be part of a front-line Rubrik (external) customer facing function of security that focuses on responding to customer RFPs, customer audits and other customer requests that are related to Rubrik's enterprise or product security and compliance capabilities. In this role, you will:
- Respond to security and compliance portions of customer RFPs in an accurate and timely fashion (i.e., within agreed upon internal SLAs).
- Coordinate with other Information Security, product security and Engineering SMEs, as needed to respond to customers.
- Support security and compliance related customer audits, as requested.
- Be well-versed in Rubrik's products, particularly as they pertain to security and compliance features and secure SDLC practices.
- Work with Sales Operations, Field Operations, Sales, Sales Engineering, Marketing, and Engineering teams to intake requests and drive improvements to the customer trust process.
- Execute operational activities related to the maturity and measurement of the customer trust process to provide high quality services that enable sales at Rubrik.
- Drive the maturity of the external facing web pages that disseminates security and compliance related announcements and thought leadership to new customers and prospects.
- Support the finalization of security and compliance language in customer contracts.
- Drive the definition, development, review and ongoing maintenance of information security policies and standards at Rubrik in alignment with industry leading frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001).
- Drive the end-to-end policy and standards management function, including the management of exceptions to policy.
- 5+ years of related work experience in Information Security Governance, Customer Trust and/or Supplier Security in the tech industry.
- Have driven several security and/or operational Information security processes within a company.
- Experience reviewing and negotiating contracts as it relates to security and compliance obligations
- Experience with vulnerability management and helping prioritize security related work.
- Can implement a solution (design), operational plan, and roadmap to achieve goals.
- Ability to meet demanding timelines and SLAs, manage changing priorities and execute tasks with minimal supervision.
- Knows how to estimate work effort and incubate skill sets to achieve team goals.
- Has advanced knowledge of common security risks, vulnerabilities, and threats and can escort these issues through triage / risk treatment conversations.
- Understanding of information security frameworks and compliance requirements, such as ISO 27001/2 (including ISO 27017 & 18), FedRAMP, SOC 2 Trust Services Criteria, CIS Top 20, PCI DSS, HIPAA, and NIST CSF / 800-53.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Able to discuss issues at technical and business levels with audiences of various backgrounds.
- Experience in a high growth business environment is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Security, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field preferred.
- SaaS and data management industry experience is a plus.
- Professional certifications in Information Security or Risk Management (e.g., CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CSX-P, CISSP, CCSK) is a plus.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job