Senior Engineering Manager (Mosaic - NoSQL)
About the team:
Mosaic is a NoSQL data protection product, which plays a crucial role in Rubrik’s product portfolio. Rubrik is building a new team in Bangalore which will own and drive the future of this critical product. As a senior manager of this team, you will have the opportunity to bootstrap a new team, rapidly bring the team up to speed, work on technically challenging/complex projects, work with product managers to shape up a winning strategy to become NoSQL data protection leader in the market!
NoSQL databases are getting adapted at a very rapid pace and the amount of data stored in these databases are growing exponentially. There are various flavors of NoSQL databases available for customers. Interestingly these databases are getting deployed on-prem and on various clouds. The main objective of this team is to build a very powerful NoSQL data protection platform that can work at scale for on-prem and cloud customers then expand the portfolio by supporting mostly adapted NoSQL databases.
As Rubrik expands its portfolio of large enterprise customers, NoSQLworkloads are becoming critical to expand its market adoption. As a leader of this team, you will have the opportunity to take these features to the next level and offer a highly sophisticated solution which can drive itself with minimal oversight.
Our Tech stack - C++ and python are our primary languages for development.
About the role:
As a Sr.Engineering Manager of the NoSQL protection team, you will:
- Bootstrap the Bangalore team and rapidly bring the team up to speed
- Build a successful NoSQL product than can handle petabytes of data in on-prem & on cloud
- Expand the product to support various NoSQL databases that are available in the market
- Orchestrate design, development and timely delivery of Rubrik NoSQL data production capabilities with high quality, performance and scale
- Prioritize relentlessly to reconcile conflicting needs
- Foster a strong collaborative mindset; work closely with your peers in Product Management, Architects, Program Manamange, UX designers etc - to bring diverse viewpoints and goals together.
- Bring a zeal for solving customer problems, work closely with Support and cascade the same passion within your team.
- Build a high-performing team, creating a culture of transparency in a fast-paced environment.
- Encourage and enable your team to improve their tools, processes; keeping them agile and creative
- A passionate leader who is obsessed with building technically strong teams that deliver enterprise grade products
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- At least 13+ years of software development experience in building highly scalable and performant systems, of which at least 5 years in a management role
- Experience in delivering enterprise quality software in a timely manner with high quality standards, and supporting a large base of customers
Rubrik is one of the fastest-growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection, and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job