ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to join our team. The EPM is responsible for planning, management and execution of several major technical programs per year for the Engineering Organization across our portfolio of cloud data management products. The EPM must be capable of juggling multiple concurrent, and often conflicting, priorities; achieving results through logic, communication, business judgment and personal relationships; and ultimately delivering products of the highest quality.
- Work with cross-functional management in Engineering, Product Management, QA, Customer Support, Manufacturing Operations, etc. to plan and deliver new products to market.
- Provide program management during all phases of an engineering program: ideation, design, development, testing and release.
- Lead cross-functional teams to manage the execution of program plans, including PRD reviews, feature prioritization and scoping, resource conflicts, scheduling, progress tracking, issue resolution, defect management, beta programs, product release and product maintenance.
- Run cross-functional stand-ups and drive decision making around schedule adjustments, bug triage and internal and external partner/customer delivery.
- Proactively identify and resolve roadblocks/challenges affecting projects.
- Apply product lifecycle (PLC) methods and other process disciplines to ensure predictable, consistent, timely program execution in spite of a large, distributed organization.
- Leverage your expertise to identify and define the most critical priorities and establish best practices for the program team.
- Regularly assess risks, drive process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification and productivity.
- Help define metrics and project success criteria.
- Participate in product strategy and roadmap planning.
- Strong working knowledge of Agile product development, QA, support, product management and manufacturing processes.
- Extensive experience with product lifecycle management.
- Familiarity with product development methods, tools and processes.
- Ability to decompose complex problems, grasp the core issues and lead cross-organizational resolution.
- Ability to understand technical components to be able to effectively manage projects and programs.
- Ability to perform effectively in an ambiguous or loosely structured environment.
- Creative problem solving skills, negotiation skills, effective interaction with senior management.
- 7+ years of engineering program or project management experience
- Software and/ or hardware product development and release management experience.
- Proven track record of managing large-scale, complex, cross functional technical initiatives.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- SaaS and data management industry experience. • Hands-on experience with Jira.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in engineering or another technical field.
- Experience in a high growth business environment.
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job