About our team
Rubrik’s distributed file system (Atlas) has been the cornerstone of Rubrik’s innovative tech stack. It has provided performance & stability while allowing teams to build differentiating capabilities on top. Since inception this team has attracted some of our strongest technical talent.
We are looking for a seasoned leader who can guide the team through the next stage of evolution for the filesystem. There are many reasons that necessitate this evolution. The filesystem was initially designed for onprem use cases. But with the shift to cloud, a lot of those use cases are migrating to cloud. To adapt, a lot of the assumptions underpinning the design need to be revisited. A new class of applications with very different access patterns that are currently very inefficient are also coming up. The set of hardware platforms that Rubrik supports is expanding at a rapid pace and the filesystem needs to work gracefully across all of them. And then there is a constant need to push the boundaries on performance which is one of Rubrik’s key strengths.
As the manager of this team you will need to manage stakeholders across the company, creating and evolving the interfaces b/w the various teams. You would need to put in a structure that allows the team to pursue multiple goals simultaneously, yet be nimble to business imperatives and shift resources appropriately. Growing the team with the right kind of talent as well as grooming the strong leaders already on the team is a key need.
You’ll be in a position to have an outsized impact on Rubrik. The opportunity provides a potent mix of dynamism, startup culture, serious technical challenges and influence across many teams. If all this sounds interesting, please reach out.
- Build, ship, and maintain UI products in strong partnership with the feature engineering teams, PMs, and UX designers
- Work with the engineering teams to understand their needs for successful UI development; define the technical roadmap to achieve these goals.
- Along with your tech leads, define and drive the architecture and infrastructure to enable rapid innovation in our UI codebase.
- Drive technical initiatives to improve the way Rubrik builds and ships product experiences across the entire engineering organization
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 15+ years of experience, at least 8 years of managing software engineering teams
- Experience in distributed systems and backend development
- Managing teams in dynamic (startup like) environments
- Experience with file systems and storage solutions is a huge plus
Rubrik Software Engineers are self-starters, driven, and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. To do that, we have a very fluid structure and give people flexibility to work on projects that they enjoy the most. This develops more capable engineers, and keeps everyone engaged and happy.
Rubrik believes innovation starts with each Software Engineer. We encourage each engineer to try out new ideas. A lot of such ideas have become our products. All ideas, whether they are coming from newly graduated students or seasoned engineers, are respected and valued the same way.
Apply For This Job